Thursday, October 13, 2005

This post interupted by laziness

I came home tonight in the mood to write a post about war. I've never actually explained to anyone the fundemental reasons why I think 99.9% of wars have been unjustifiable crap. I've also never actually explained why I think people who hold positive opinions of any particular wars are murderously hypocritical idiots. Strong language for a reprehensible position. There is a qualifier I should add to that sentence... but I like the way it looks, the way it is.

But now that I sit down to write about it... I realize that in order to properly explain myself, I'll have to list and talk about maybe a dozen examples of wars. Their historical contexts, methods, and related myths. Then I'd have to talk about ethics... individuals and the state... the moral responsibility of individual soldiers... and so on.

And I'm just too lazy to do all that.

No comments: